Social/Development Editor-in-Chief (International Applicants)
Presentation of the organization
Founded in 2007, AAN Associates is a “social enterprise” created to enable development partners to find simple, innovative, cost-effective and sustainable solutions to development challenges. AAN Associates brings extensive research and evaluation experience in a variety of contexts, from development to humanitarian crises (including complex emergencies). AAN has undertaken over 110 consultancy projects in over 24 countries (East Asia and Pacific, South and West Asia, Middle East, East and South Africa and West Africa ), with bi/multilateral funding agencies, the United Nations, public sector and not-for-profit entities.
AAN is a growing organization with a distinctive history of producing award-winning research and evaluation. These awards and honors complemented AAN’s recognition as a leader in “social research” and “assessments”. AAN pursues an aggressive growth strategy based on excellence in service, improvisation of innovation and technology, strengthening of partnerships and resources, creation of institutional systems and diversity.
NAA Associates look for Social/Development Editors to support his Project delivery team. Experts who have over 10 years of experience in the development sector and have worked with international development organizations such as UNICEF, WFP, UNHCR are encouraged to apply! As the work for this role should be remote, International applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
The responsibilities for the intended role are:
- Critically review drafts to improve language, proofread text, correct spelling, grammar and punctuation errors.
- Verify factual accuracy of information such as dates and statistics and ensure editorial deadlines are met
- Ensure compliance with AAN quality standards as well as UNICEF GEROS criteria and perform quality assurance on established guidelines
- Rewrite/edit text for clarity, style, readability and adherence to editorial policies
- Maintain document consistency and (where appropriate) raise questions and offer suggestions to lead authors/teams
How to register
Interested consultants should email [email protected] as well as their up-to-date CVs and cover letters (In English and in Word format) of the aforementioned information to express their interest by mentioning “Social/Development Editor” in the subject line.